Nigerian government allegedly paid €2million Euros for Chibok Girls release

Fresh facts have emerged on how the Federal Government succeeded in securing the release of 82 Chibok girls, who were abducted in exchange for Boko Haram commanders last week.

It was gathered that in exchange for the Boko Haram commanders, we learnt that the government ‘handsomely rewarded’ the terror group with a discharge fee of two million Euros.

This latest revelation was contained in a news story posted by an online news portal, the British Broadcasting Service (BBC), on its website last night.

Though the medium did not mention its sources, it, however, reported that the ‘freed terrorists’ were high level Boko Haram bomb makers.

The BBC noted that: “The release of the 82 came with a price… the details of the deal are sketchy. But they report that five senior Boko Haram militants were moved from a high security unit to be driven to freedom.

“Sources don’t want to be named and their version of events is hard to confirm, but they say the men were high level Boko Haram bomb makers, and that they were accompanied by two million euros in cash. Governments rarely admit to paying a ransom, and this claim could not be independently verified.”

Last week, there were news reports that the freed men had threatened to bomb Abuja, a report which was backed up by a video released by the sect. On the heels of the BBC revelation, reports filtered in last night that the 82 Chibok school girls who were rescued from Boko Haram may be reunited with their parents today barely three weeks after their release. Since their arrival in Abuja, the girls have been kept under protective custody in a facility believed to be under the management of the Department of State Security Services.

Earlier in the week, there were speculations that the reunion meeting had been scheduled for yesterday (Friday) but we learnt that the programme was shelved due to the logistics of moving most of the parents who are resident in Chibok to Abuja.

Chairman of the Chibok Community in Abuja, Mr. Tsambido Abana, told newsmen over the telephone that the parents of the girls left Chibok at 9am yesterday by road and were due on Abuja late last night or early today. According to Abana, the journey from Chibok to Abuja is a whole day’s journey by road.

The other alternative that could have made it swift would have been by flight. Abana who was also on his way from Chibok said he would arrive Abuja today but could not confirm where and when the reunion between parents and their rescued daughters would take place. Similarly, the Bring Back Our Girls (BBOG), an advocacy group championing the cause of the Chibok Girls have said it was not aware of the arrangement for the said reunion.

A source in a message posted by the group on its Whatsapp portal yesterday reads thus: “We don’t have any information on the meeting of Chibok parents with their returned 82 daughters aside what’s available in the media. “The last we heard from a parent yesterday evening who said he is among those coming was that they’ll be leaving Chibok this morning. “Chibok to Abuja is 48 hours by road, except they are coming by air. If we have information we shall relay here in a timely manner. Thanks.”

Meanwhile, the Presidency has confirmed that one other girl who was also abducted from Chibok has been rescued from the hands of the terrorists. A statement from the Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Mr. Femi Adesina, said the return of the girl had been confirmed by the Office of the National Security Adviser. “Just confirmed from NSA office that the name of the girl that escaped yesterday is Mariam Mohammed Isa, 15, a JSS1 student kidnapped three years from the Chibok community but not among the 219 girls,” Adesina said.

POST YOUR COMMENTS

Name

Celebrity Gist,211,Events,33,Featured,62,Music,83,News,339,Nollywood,157,Photos,68,Relationships,24,Videos,119,
ltr
item
NaijaPrince.com: Nigerian government allegedly paid €2million Euros for Chibok Girls release
Nigerian government allegedly paid €2million Euros for Chibok Girls release
It was gathered that in exchange for the Boko Haram commanders, we learnt that the government ‘handsomely rewarded’ the terror group with a discharge fee of two million Euros.
https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-zfTdEwW-5Fo/WSBdCz5KUmI/AAAAAAAMcUM/sHc7bR3zyNAc_3Y8zFkb5RaTxn4eqmW4QCLcB/s640/s.jpg
https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-zfTdEwW-5Fo/WSBdCz5KUmI/AAAAAAAMcUM/sHc7bR3zyNAc_3Y8zFkb5RaTxn4eqmW4QCLcB/s72-c/s.jpg
NaijaPrince.com
http://www.naijaprince.com/2017/05/nigerian-government-allegedly-paid.html
http://www.naijaprince.com/
http://www.naijaprince.com/
http://www.naijaprince.com/2017/05/nigerian-government-allegedly-paid.html
true
1276593773968198630
UTF-8
Loaded All Posts Not found any posts VIEW ALL Continue Reading Reply Cancel reply Delete By Home PAGES POSTS View All RECOMMENDED FOR YOU CATEGORY ARCHIVE SEARCH ALL POSTS Not found any post match with your request Back Home Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat January February March April May June July August September October November December Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec just now 1 minute ago $$1$$ minutes ago 1 hour ago $$1$$ hours ago Yesterday $$1$$ days ago $$1$$ weeks ago more than 5 weeks ago Followers Follow THIS CONTENT IS PREMIUM Please share to unlock Copy All Code Select All Code All codes were copied to your clipboard Can not copy the codes / texts, please press [CTRL]+[C] (or CMD+C with Mac) to copy